2Please read our "Terms and Conditions of Cottage Rental" document below.
Once you agree to the "Terms and Conditions of Cottage Rental", simply click on the "I AGREE TO THE TERMS OF COTTAGE RENTAL" link found below this document and you will be directed to our ONLINE RESERVATIONS page where you can PAY YOUR DEPOSIT and PAY YOUR RESERVATION
Terms and Conditions of Cottage Rental
1. Confirmation of Acceptance and Deposit (1) A deposit (the “Deposit”) in the amount thirty percent (30%) of the total amount of the Rental Rate (as defined below) payable for the Rental Period shall be paid to the Owner within 24 hours of confirmation by the Owner to the Renter that this Application has been accepted. The Deposit shall be made online through PAYPAL, or through etransfer .
(2) The balance of the Rental Rate shall be payable 30 days Prior to the Arrival Date in Regular season, in High Season or Summer the balance of the Rental Rate shall be payable 90 days Prior to the Arrival Date . In the event this Application is submitted less than thirty days prior to the Arrival Date, the Deposit shall be the full amount of rent payable for the Rental Period.
2. Rental Period (1) The rental period (the “Rental Period”) shall be the period commencing on the Arrival Date and ending on the Departure Date, unless terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
(2) The Property is rented from Friday to Friday on a weekly basis only. In the event of early departure by the Renter, the rental rate shall not abate or be pro-rated.
3. Check In and Check Out The Renter shall check in no earlier than 2pm on the Arrival Date and shall check out no later than 11am on the Departure Date. Neither the Renter nor any of the Renter’s guests shall be entitled to access the Property at any time outside of those times.
4. Rental Rate The rental rate (the “Rental Rate”) for the Property are defined on the RATES page of this website you found our cottage.
Keys for the Property (the “Keys”) will be located in the code accessible lock box beside the hydro meter at the back of the building. The Keys may be used by the Renter and the Renter’s guests to access the Property during the Rental Period. The Renter shall ensure that all doors to the Property are locked at all times during the Rental Period when no one is present at the Property.
The Renter shall leave the Keys in the code accessible lockbox beside the hydro meter at the back of the building. prior to vacating the Property for the last time on the Departure Date. Failure to leave the Keys shall result in a $250.00 charge, which shall be charged to the Renter.
9. Use of Property by Renter
During the rental period, the Renter and the Renter’s guests shall:
(a) maintain the Property at all times in a good and tidy condition;
(b) refrain from smoking inside the Property and dispose of any cigarette butts outside the Property in a safe manner;
(c) not cause or create a nuisance in any way, including, but not limited to, refraining from playing loud music inside or outside the Property;
(d) properly use and operate all equipment, machinery and appliances at the Property;
(e) not move or rearrange any furniture inside the Property;
(f) not flush sanitary items down the toilet;
(g) not sit on furniture in wet bathing suits, and shall ensure that sand is removed from shoes and feet before entering the Property;
(h) comply with all applicable laws in connection with their use of the Property; and
(i) leave the Property in the same condition in which it found the Property.
10. Operation of Pelican 2 Seat Boat and Motor if available.
The Renter uses this craft entirely at their own risk and is responsible to comply with boating safety requirements. The Renter shall ensure that any person using the motorized boat(s) wears a life jacket sized according to the person’s age and weight.
11. Maintenance by Owner
(1) In the event of failure of any piece of equipment, machinery or appliance at the Property during the Rental Period, the Owner [or the Owner’s designate] may be contacted at 613-223-5857 between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
(2) Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Owner does not guarantee the operation of any piece of equipment, machinery or appliance serving the Property, and there shall be no discount to or refund of any portion of the Rental Rate for failure, during the Rental Period, of any piece of equipment, machinery or appliance serving the Property.
12. Access by Owner
The Owner shall be entitled to access the Property upon reasonable notice during the Rental Period for the purposes of supplying services, effecting maintenance or repairs and performing inspections.
13. Damage and Replacements
(1) The Renter shall report any damage to the Property upon arrival or occurrence. The Renter shall be responsible for any damage to or loss from the Property which occurs during the Rental Period.
(2) The Owner shall inspect the Property on the Departure Date prior to the Renter’s departure and advise the Renter of any damage or replacements in respect of which the Renter is required to reimburse the Owner. Such items will be charged according to repair or replacement value at the time of such repair or replacement, as determined by the Owner. All such charges shall be charged to Renter.
The Renter and the Renter’s guests shall place all garbage and recycling in the designated containers and ensure that no garbage or recycling is left in the Property on the Departure Date.
The Rental permits Renter to bring pets on to the Property at any time. Renters are responsible for any damage caused by pets
The Renter shall indemnify and save the Owner harmless from and against any liabilities or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to or in connection with the Renter’s rental of the Property including, but not limited to, any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by the Renter or any of the Renter’s guests at the Property during the Rental Period.
17. Cancellation Policy (1) In the event the Property is materially damaged prior to the Rental Period, this Agreement shall be null and void and all payments received by the Owner hereunder shall be returned to the Renter.
(2) In the event the Renter advises the Owner that he or she wishes to cancel this Agreement 4 weeks in advance, a cancellation fee (the “Cancellation Fee”) in the amount of $250.00 will be charged to the Renter. In the event the Owner is advised of the cancellation and the Property is re-rented for the Rental Period, the Cancellation Fee (less $50) shall be returned to the Renter. In the event the Property is not re-rented for the Rental Period, the Deposit shall be forfeited and not returned. If the renter cancels less than 4 weeks, then we will try to rerent for the same period, if it is rerented for the same rate, a $50.00 rate is applied. If not rerented, half the amount it is rented for, is deducted.
(3) In the event the Renter cancels with less than 3 months (90 days) notice in the high season, and the Property is not re-rented for the Rental Period the full Rate will due, and no refund is allowed.
18. Termination by Owner
The Owner shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement if the Renter, or any of the Renter’s guests, are in violation of any of the terms of this Agreement or, in the sole opinion of the Owner, if the Renter or any of the Renter’s guests’ use of the Property is detrimental to the Property or creates a nuisance in any way.
19. NSF Cheques
All NSF cheques will be subject to a processing fee in the amount of $30.00 plus HST.
Please click the link below to indicate that you agree to our terms of rental, and you will be directed to our ONLINE RESERVATIONS page where you can PAY YOUR DEPOSIT and PAY YOUR RESERVATION